Marcel Schwantes reports on the results of a twenty-three thousand employee study spanning forty five different countries in this Inc.com article.
Five dimensions of employee happiness were examined.
1. Belonging - feeling part of a team, group, or organization.
2. Purpose - understanding why one's work matters.
3. Achievement - a sense of accomplishment in the work that is done.
4. Happiness - the pleasant feeling arising in and around work.
5. Vigor - the presence of energy, enthusiasm, and excitement at work.
Six drivers emerged that motivate people (and teams) to go above and beyond.
- Organizational trust
- Co-worker relationships
- Meaningful work
- Recognition, feedback, and growth
- Empowerment and voice
- Work-life Balance